2019 Kat Hall Memorial Wiffle Ball Classic
1) No base running. Imaginary runners on base advance as hitter does.
2) Teams have at least 3 and no more than 5 players on their roster.
3) Teams field 3 players or less on defense but may have up to 5 batters.
4) All fielders must bat.
5) Fielders can position as they wish in fair territory without obstructing batter.
1) Each game is 5 innings long.
2) If the game is tied after 5 innings, the 6th begins with the bases loaded.
3) If the game is still tied after the 6th inning it will be ruled a tie
4) Game is official after 3 innings, with a 10-run mercy rule after 3 innings.
5) Games will be played in any weather conditions.
6) The rules of MLB shall apply to all situations not covered in these rules.
7) Maximum of 5 warmup pitches per new pitcher
8) All new games must start within 5 minutes of completed of the previous game
BALLS AND STRIKES - MAKING CALLS:
1) A walk is 6 balls. Baserunners advance on a walk if forced over.
2) ANY combination of 2 fouls or strikes is an out.
3) A swing and a miss is not an out, unless it's strike 2.
4) A pitch hitting any part of the strike zone (other than legs) is a strike.
5) A pitched ball that hits the batter is a ball, although the batter MUST attempt to avoid
being hit. (no leaning – excessive leaning should be reported to Volunteers)
6) Line calls are made by the fielder closest to the play.
7) Pitcher makes check swing calls.
1) Only the official (baseball size) plastic wiffle ball with 8 elongated holes will be used.
2) BALLS MAY NOT BE SCUFFED OR SANDED. THIS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
3) No ball with a crack greater than 1/4" may be used.
4) All balls are subject to approval by Tourney Staff.
5) Only official WIFFLE yellow plastic bats may be used.
6) Handles may be taped, but barrel must be unaltered.
7) Any bat is subject to approval of tourney staff.
8) All players must play bare handed. Batters may use a glove when batting.
1) Pitcher must pitch from center of field.
THE FIELD OF PLAY (all dimensions approximate):
1) Pitching mound is 42' from strike zone.
2) Singles line is at 42'.
3) Doubles line is at 65'.
4) Home run fence is 90' to foul poles.
5) 65' between foul poles.
6) Strike Zone is approximately 20" by 30" and 12"off the ground.
1) Any hit ball not reaching the singles line is considered a strike.
2) Ground ball outside of foul lines when reaching singles line.
3) Fly ball landing in foul ground, touched in foul ground, or going wide of foul poles.
1) Any ball reaching the singles line in fair ground.
2) Ground ball not fielded cleanly in front of singles line. No Bobbles at ALL allowed.
3) Fair fly ball touched but not caught in front of singles line.
Fair ball reaching the doubles line in the air, but not the fence.
Fair ball that touches the fence in the air.
Fair Ball landing over the fence or hitting the pole above the fence.
Only in effect with runner on base. Fly ball caught and then IMMEDIATELY thrown to hit
strike zone in the air.
The number of teams in the playoff brackets will be determined by the number of team participating in the tournament. Each division will be entered into the playoffs as well as some wild card teams (likely 2 to 4 wild card teams).
POINTS FOR STANDINGS:
· 3 points awarded for a win
· 2 points awarded for a tie
· 1 bonus point is awarded for a shutout
· 1 bonus awarded per run differential with a cap of +3 pts per game
· Any game that results in a forfeit will be recorded as a 1-0 win for the opponent
· In the event of a tie in points for playoff standings, the tie breakers are as follows:
o Most Wins 2) Head to Head matchup 3) Run Differential 4) Coin Flip
When a Captain protests a game, the other team's Captain must be notified at the time the play under protest occurs and before the next pitch is made. Decisions of tourney staff are final.
Will not be tolerated. Unruly conduct includes: arguing with opposing teams,
tournament officials or spectators. Penalties include but are not limited to: ejection from the game, forfeit of the game, or ejection from the tournament.
SMALL BUSINESS VENDORS:
We will have multiple community vendors at the event this year. Please stop by their tables to review their goods, services, etc… They are donating their time and money to assist with this event and we appreciate it!
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
· Home Run Derby
· Team costumes (judging based on originality, appearance and theme) Judged by Joe Hall
· Championship Teams
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON THE FIELD – MOVE TO PARKING LOTS IF YOU NEED TO SMOKE!